* Thus wrote Harish ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Hi
>
> I am using Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP. In the below mentioned code example when the
> counter data that is displayed on the screen going to a indefinite loop. The file
> that is read has got sufficient permissions.
>
> What are the reasons and how do I tackle the problem?
>
> <?php
> $fp = fopen( 't.txt', 'r' );

if ($fp === false) {
  die('cant open file');
}

always check the result of an fopen. feof() will only work on a
valid file handle.

$fp = false;
while (!feof($fp) ) {
  //infinite loop
}

and you'll never know what hit you if your error_reporting is to
low; ensure that at minimum, E_WARNING is on.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."