Hello Chris,

Friday, May 7, 2004, 7:47:18 AM, you wrote:

CL> I already use and am happy with a variety of text editors (vim, emacs,
CL> ultraedit, jedit, Homesite) depending on my needs, but I would like
CL> recommendations for a PHP specific IDE that will run on Windows XP.

CL> Specifically I am looking for something that can help with debugging,
CL> provides efficient code browsing (functions, objects, etc) across multiple
CL> files in a project, easy browsing through proper mappings to a development
CL> server/local server, and hooks to PHP reference/help/website.

CL> Needless to say, standard features like syntax highlighting, block
CL> formatting, etc. are a requirement.

Sounds like you just described Zend Studio perfectly. I used to use
the NuSphere PHPEd a few years back and quite frankly it was bugged to
hell - they have sorted out loads of those issues since then, but I
moved onto Zend Studio a year ago and won't ever look back. I have
been beta testing the 3.5.0 release for a while now and it's
absolutely great. The debugger is smart, the Code Profiler essential,
the code analyser is good too and the Project settings can span
whatever you need it to. I honestly couldn't code without it now.

--
Best regards,
 Richard Davey