"Paul Higgins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi all,
>
> I'm on a shared server, and I do not believe that I have access to the
/tmp
> directory where the session files are stored (I believe that is how it
works
> :).  I want to keep track of which sessions are active.  Basically, I just
> want a list of the active sessions for my site.
>
> How can I do this?

If you use a database as container for your session data you could easily do
a SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sessions to get the number of the sessions. Using a
DB as session container is also more secure on a shared server (at least
that's what I often read about session security).

Regards, Torsten