Ryan, et al --

...and then Ryan A said...
%
% On 5/7/2004 5:47:47 PM, Jay Blanchard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
% wrote:
[snip]

Did you realize that you quoted Jay's quote of Paul's original note but
then snipped off Jay's comment? :-)

% If you are thinking only of performance this wont matter at all, but
% sometimes for the sake of simplicity and easier management of code it is
% good to split files for different tasks.

Agreed.

% Nearly all programs can be written in *one* very large .php file but just
% thinking of going back in to make changes 3 months down the road would be a
% nightmare.

Now, now...  If you structure your code effectively it's no harder to
edit one large file than it is to edit a bunch of smaller files.  I agree
that sometimes breaking up is a good thing, but I haven't the slightest
problem working in the single main (and large) script for our gallery
engine, amongst other projects, and as an added bonus I don't have to
remember in which file to search, months later, when I'm tracking a bug
(er, "reconsidered feature", since there are no bugs in my code! ;-)

%
% HTH.
%
% Cheers,