[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi there, I am trying to upgrade my db class, so I can tell if what table
type of the table being queried is. More specifically i need to work out if
the table is an innodb transaction table, if so I would like to start the
transaction and commit and rollback when needed.

Let me know.

Hmmm....is this a general DB abstraction class or one you personally use? You may want to look into using PEAR's DB or MDB, or perhaps one of the others (Metabase, ADOdb, etc.).

If you still want to use your own, I would suggest looking at the DESCRIBE sql command for column specs and, at least in mysql, you can use: show create table tableName; to get a table's create statement (and type).

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>