Re:1 Yes, PHP should be the right tool to use to build
your system. It is likely much more powerful (has more
functions) than any other web related language you can
find.
Re:2 CodeCharge is the best PHP generator (or code
generator in general) I seen, except for its own UI,
which can be confusing. You may want to browse through
their newsgroup or actually ask questions there. The
code is fairly clean and looks standard, if that's
what you're asking about.

--- "DRN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I am a newbie in the field oh php and
databasing, but I would like
> to learn a bit to create a database driven site. I
want to have a
> database with products, and the html pages for the
products and
> categories are 'built' automatically from templates.
>
> First of all, am I right in thinking that PHP (and a
database) is the
> way to do this?
>
> Secondly is CodeCharge [ http://www.codecharge.com ]
any good? I was
> thinking of trying it, but I want to make sure that
it is not a
> "FrontPage" type program (generating bad code). I
don't want to try to
> understand code that is wrong.
>
> Are there any other programs that will create the
php code for me?

> Any help / pointers / suggestions much appreciated,
>
> Cheers, Donald

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]