On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:48, Andrew Wood wrote:
> I'm trying to set the following two vars on one page then read their
> values on another like this:
>
> page1.php...
>
> ob_start();
> session_start();
>   $_SESSION['member_id'] = $member_id;
>   $_SESSION['password'] = $password;
> ob_end_flush();

Where are $member_id and $password coming from?

> page2.php...
>
> ob_start();
> session_start();
>   $member_id = $_SESSION['member_id'];
>   $password $_SESSION['password'];
> ob_end_flush();

I think you want $password = $_SESSION['password'];

> But on page2.php the variables are null.  Can anyone help me out with
> this. I must be doing something really obvious wrong.

Where are you outputting the variables to see what they are? You might
want to add a print_r($_SESSION) to see what is there. The ob_*
functions don't cause any output of variables, they only output what you
output within them (if that makes sense). For example:

ob_start();
  echo 'Hi';
ob_end_flush();

- Brad