Steve Buehler wrote:

I am trying to write a script that will replace a string in a file. Actually, about 3000 files. And I am stuck. I can get the list of files, but then I pretty much become stuck. I wanted to try str_ireplace (not sure if that is what I should use or not), but I can't even get far enough to do that. I am hoping that someone out there has an easy response to this. Below is the code that I have so far.
Thanks
Steve

#!/usr/bin/php
<?
$strtoreplace="require \"http://www.domain.com/";;
$replacewithstring="require \"/home/domain/www/";

replacestring();

function replacestring(){
GLOBAL $strtoreplace,$replacewithstring;
        $FILES=array(`ls -1 */*|grep .php`);
        foreach($FILES as $value){
                if($value){
                        echo "file $value\n";
                        $handle=fopen($value,'a');
?>

^_^ You could use PEAR's File_SearchReplace. http://pear.php.net/package/File_SearchReplace

A few lines of code and it's all done for you. :-)

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>