I'm working on a project that collects data from different mysql servers,
combines the data and then displays it.

My problem right now is the collection part.

I have two ideas:

1st, write a php script that is placed on the webserver where the database
is. Every time my webpage is opened, it contacts each webserver and
retrieves the info from the script.
--> for this I thought if I could do a db query and export the data to a
file then just upload the file to my server. Then I would have a script
import the data

Or, have the script get the info, then contact my mysql database and import
the data that way, but how does it get from one connection to an other?

2nd, write a script that connects to the database each time my webpage is
called.

which one is best?

How would I get the data so that it can be imported into my database?

How would I transmit the data efficiently after I get it?(there can be
hundreds of records on any given server).

For those of you who are interested, what I'm trying to do is provide a
centeral location for stats to be displayed for an online game called Delta
Force.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Seth