On May 5, 2004, at 2:24 PM, Richard Davey wrote:

I've been running a web page through the W3C MarkUp Validation Service
and have nailed all the errors bar one (which just happens to occur
460 times!) - but I'm stumped to know how to get around it.

When validating I get loads of:

Line X, column Y: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "f"
Line X, column Y: reference not terminated by REFC delimiter
Line X, column Y: reference to external entity in attribute value

[Cut Some Text Here]

Does anyone know what needs to be done in order to get a Querystring
value like that through the validator?

Richard,

What's happening is the validator is seeing the ampersand in the link and expecting it to indicate the beginning of an entity. Change your links so that they read like so:

http://www.yourdomain.com/page.php?arg1=1234&arg2=4321

Then those validation problems should go away.

Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>