I echoed it, and got a blank variable...
We ahve full admin rights on my server, and the one we're checking the
referer from...

Basically, our system has an exsiting user database, and we wanna allow
users to loging as per usual, and but allow them (and only them) to veiw
pages on the new server...
I just thought that htt_referer was the easiest way to do that, as I only
wanna let people in, who have signed in on the first server first..

Am I making any snece?

David Robley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/05/2004 02:46

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
[PHP] Re: HTTP_REFERER ... ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tristan Pretty) wrote in
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> if ($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] == 'http://www.mysite.com/') {
> // Stuff
> }
>
> Now why does this not work?
> I wanna asign varibales based on certain referers...
> but this is not working?
>
> Any ideas why?

HTTP_REFERER is empty because the page was not called from a link? Or
HTTP_REFERER is empty because the browser doesn't supply the value?

Echo the variable and see what you get.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.