Thanks for your reply, but I afraid you did not get my point. I am
talking about shared memory that is used for Interprocess
communication. We can access the shared memory created by one C
program in other C program and same is the case with php. I am trying
to communicate with a C program from php using shared memory, but I
did not get it working till now.

To be more specific, I want to know
1. Are calls to function ftok() return the same key in both php and C
2. Is the function shmop_open() return the same shared memory as
shmget() system call, when we pass the same key to both the functions.
Thanks in advance
ramana.