Hi Phillip,

For future reference, PHP install questions are best asked on the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list, however I'm sure someone can answer
your question here also.

"Khutjo Phillip Leremi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi I have recently installed gd-2.0.15 on my linux 9.0 machine and this
machine has a database that i need to access through phpMyadmin so the
requirements are that php should be installed but when I error this
instruction I get this error;

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# apt-get install php
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

     php: Depends: libgd.so.1.8
E: Broken packages

I understand that gd 2 comes with libgd.so.2.0. Any help.