Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
Ok, here we go.
I would like to implement an XML-RPC server (a script of course) that keeps the value of certain variables between the different invocations of the script.

I think that it should be possible, but I don't know where to start (none of the search in internet gave me a starting point).
[/snip]

Write the values of the variables out to a file to be read on the next
iteration of the script's usage.

You are right, but I need to implement a solution that avoids accessing to disk.
The context under which I’m running now has not a huge database, but it increments it’s size quite fast.
I must say that for that reason is that “many many updates” are made. Also when one user gets a page much information should be shown.
The “good thing” is that this (shown) info does not need to be 100% accurate (I can show information that is 15 minutes old without problem).
I would like to have this kind of intermediate PHP process in order to serve these requests of information instead of accessing the database to collect it (as far as I’m experiencing some disk bottlenecks).
Then the PHP process each "n" minutes or "m" requests refreshes the info and present it on demand.
Here the reason for trying to implement this """layer""" (if it is possible, +-easy and/or fast)
Thx again
Santiago