Thanks for the reply Denis,

Let me elaborate a bit.

I have a php page which I want to pass a series of variables via a url string.

eg

myPage.php?dataPoint1=10&dataPoint2=20&dataPoint3=30

The thing is I won;t know until runtime how many dataPoints there will be so I have also included 1 additional url variable

eg

myPage.php?totalDataPoints=3&dataPoint1=10&dataPoint2=20&dataPoint3=30

From there I want to take those data points and do several things with each of them. The keep things simple lets say I want to multiply each by 3 and then divide it by 2 and put it into a new variable (under the same naming system).

eg

$xtemp=$HTTP_GET_VARS[totalDataPoints];

do {
A line here which will take each dataPoint and multiply by 3 and divide by 2 and assign it to a new variable with the same numbering system (eg $myNewVar1=$HTTP_GET_VARS[dataPoint1]*3/2;
$xtemp--;
} while ($xtemp>0);

Make any more sense?

Thanks.