Oh my god...I'm crying...

what the heck is a bacon stretcher ?

At 03:52 PM 5/28/2004, Travis Low wrote:
Here's what you do. Assume 10-hour work days. Obviously, you want to start with the schema. That's pretty darn important, so allow yourself a whole day for that.

You have four days left. Oh wait -- you will probably have to work the weekend for this one. So you have six days left. That's 60 hours, or 3600 minutes. You have 300 files, so you can't spend more than 12 minutes per file. Wait, you said OVER 300, so try to keep it to 10 minutes per file. To play it safe, spend no more than 8 minutes per file -- that way, you have a little extra time in case something unexpected comes up.

It might be easier to buy a CFM-to-PHP converter. You can get those at most Kmart stores. They're usually next to the bacon stretchers and smoke-shifters.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Travis

Chris Jernigan wrote:
Hi everyone,
Ok, I need serious help. I have been handed a project by my boss to convert
an existing site that was built using ColdFusion / SQL into a site that will
use PHP / mySQL. The site relies heavily on calls to the database for
everything from site content, to an admin area where you can edit that
content, to a news ticker, to the actual navigation of the site.
What's the problem? I have one week to do this. Oh, and did I mention that I
know VERY little about PHP / mySQL. I know NOTHING about ColdFusion or
MSSQL. And to top it off, the site in question contains over 300 .cfm files!
Does anyone have any idea how I could pull this off?
Even if I had a working knowledge of ColdFusion, MSSQL, PHP, mySQL...still
one week isn't enough time to retool a site of this proportion. Especially
considering that I don't understand any of the code that I'm staring at.
I've been a web designer for about five years now. Notice I said "designer"
not "developer". I want to learn PHP / mySQL but in order to complete this
project I also need to understand ColdFusion in order to replicate the site
functionality. Any advice on what I should do?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Chris

-- Travis Low <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.dawnstar.com>