Hi !

I am an unexperienced PHP newbie, and a have a Problem:
The following script is a sample from a PHP tutorial,
but it does not work on my machine.
I use  PHP Ver. 4.1.2 with apache 1.3.26 on a debian box.
In php.ini, "safe_mode" is off, and "register_globals" is on.

The script from the mentioned tutorial
(http://www.galileocomputing.de/openbook/php4/kapd.htm)
should be a sample for a php-file which invokes itself;
This does not work on my machine;
I can enter names and submit them as often I like, but
the statement from the if-block is never executed, i.e.
the output "You have entered the following name: ..."
is never displayed.

Here is the excerpt from this script:

<head>
<?php
   if ($dispatched)
   {
      echo "You have entered the following";
      echo " Name: $vn $nn<p>";
   }
?>
</head>
Please enter a Name and send the form:
<form action = "ud12.php" method = "post">
    <input name = "nn"> 2nd Name<p>
    <input name = "vn"> 1st Name<p>
    <input type = "submit" name = "dispatched">
    <input type = "reset">
</form>

I assume the reason is in global or general settings,
but I don't know them.
Does anybody know what to do ?

best regards

chrm