John Nichel wrote:

Aaron Gould wrote:

Curt Zirzow wrote:

* Thus wrote Aaron Gould ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

"/usr/local/mnogosearch"), and PHP configures fine. But during PHP's make, I get all sorts of errors at the end of the compilation:

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o)(.data+0x4): multiple definition of `mysql_port'

Just a guess but mnogosearch have mysql compiled staticly in its library?

I tried configuring both mnoGoSearch and PHP with shared libs and it still did not work together (same errors).

I just tried mnoGoSearch withouth the MySQL support and it did work. I suppose at least that will work well enough to let me know what mnoGoSearch is all about.

I wonder if mnoGoSearch does not truly support MySQL 4.x (I'm on 4.0.18). They've only tested with 3.21, 3.22 and 3.23.

I had the same problem. We're running mnoGoSearch just fine on our production box using MySQL 3.x, but on one of our development machines, we're running MySQL 4.x. mnoGoSearch configured/compiled/installed fine on that box, but php barfed on compile. We then reinstalled mnoGoSearch, configuring it with --with-built-in, and then PHP built fine.

Good to know it's not just my machine, thanks! I've just run a few tests and it seems mnoGoSearch will fill our need. Hopefully they'll soon have MySQL 4.x supported though!

--
Aaron Gould
Parts Canada - Web Developer