"Galen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I've been working with PHP for a few years now. I like doing the "real"
> programming that really does something, but I find I'm wasting a great
> deal of time working with UI via HTML.
>
> Are there any setups (classes, functions, etc) for PHP that drastically
> streamline working with the UI? Especially form-related things, it's
> really annoying to deal with. Also security is another concern, having
> to double check that the contents of the form submit (i.e. menu) are
> valid and include what you handed out in the first place can be very
> obnoxious! I know I could code something to accelerate this process,
> but before I look at doing this (and spend hours upon hours doing it),
> I want to check and see that nothing else is already out there.
>
> Thoughts anybody?

Hi Galen,

there are several PEAR classes that aid form building, processing and so on.
Take a look at the HTML_QuickForm and HTML_QuickForm_Controller classes:
http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm
http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm_Controller

There is also a Validate class for checking all types of input values:
http://pear.php.net/package/Validate

Of course it will take some time to get into it but will save you a lot of
time in future projects.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Torsten Roehr