I have been asked to make a fact based comparison of
the pros and cons of asp.net and php.  I am not trying
to start a war and apologize if this is too off topic,
but I know make of the list members work in other
coding languages.

Three areas of concern are robustness, scalability and
development time.  Also important is the availability
of existing code (goes to development time).  I have
experience in asp and php, but have only read about
.net.  One big difference seems to be that .net is
event driven vs. php which is increasingly oo.

I am a bit concerned that I will be too biased in my
judgement, because if immediate development time is
considered, I will have to pass and lose a potentially
good client.  I am sure I can get up to speed quickly
in .net, but not quickly enough to answer immediate
needs.

Any experiences, links to online articles and
discussions would be welcome.

Kathleen