Scott,

As the quote suggests.

If you require the ability to query those fields use TEXT, if you do not, use BLOB.

Scott Fletcher wrote:
I'm wrestling over deciding on which data type to go with, TEXT or BLOB.  I
have one table with one column of 400 characters, I was thinking that TEXT
may be the way to go for that one.

I also have another table that use 4 columns of 800 characters along with 5
columns that use 250 characters.  I'm thinking of using TEXT for 9 of those
columns.

The reason is because I read the MySQL Manual there that say TEXT and BLOB
are pretty much the same in many ways, the only thing different is that BLOB
use "VARCHAR" Binary while TEXT use "VARCHAR".  But reading the article
somewhere (not part of MySQL's Manual) say this...

--snip--
If it doesn't have to be searchable then a BLOB might be more efficient and
you shouldn't have to worry about size (Like size is important?  ). The
reason being that BLOB information is stored seperate from the table data
and is related by a reference number in the table. This keeps the table
smaller and faster as I understand.
--snip--

So, I don't feel too sure what to decide on...  Care for some advice or
recommendation??

Thanks,
 Scott Fletcher