Red Wingate wrote:

Right,

guess i saw some kind of JS that determined the size of the selected
file and wrote it into an hidden field. Maybe you try it that way.

Hi folks.  I'm just tweaking the file manager portion of my CMS, and
am wondering if there is any way I can identify the size of an
uploaded file which exceeded the upload_max_filesize?  I'd like to be
able to tell the user the size of the file they tried to upload, in
addition to telling them the allowable maximum size.

As marek has pointed out JS cannot do that. SHAMELESS PLUG FOLLOWS:
But i know the perfect product that can do exactly what you want. Rad Upload (http://www.radinks.com/upload/)

--
Raditha Dissanayake.