Pierre <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Thursday, June 24, 2004 11:24 AM said:

> So... all datas will be in a mysql base. Many users are gonna use this
> system (check the list of exhibitors, ask appointment by mail) and if
> the exhibitor accept the appointment I have to insert it my table.
> My problem is I don't know how to proceed to have a good code for this
> 'cause I have to post on the web site the 4 days calendar to the
> visitor after he has logged in. So I think I have to use OOP but to
> draw the calendar (is with a table a good idea).
> Sorry I have trouble to explain it in english
> If you have to handle this how do you start your code
> Is there any trap I have to escape etc...

well there's a lot of things you're going to need to do, and whether or
not you use OOP is up to you.

for your database you'll need the following:

1. a table for the events
2. a table for the participants
3. a table for the appointments. this table will link the participants
to the events.

for your code you'll need to make sure you have some sort of login
system and a way to make appointments by email. the appointment requests
can be a simple form that is sent via the mail() function
(http://php.net/mail).

i can't write your application for your so i hope this helps give you a
starting point.

chris.

p.s. when replying to list mails press the Reply To All button and not
Reply. this will ensure that your mails get sent to the list.