Greetings all, just installed Fedora with the bundled PHP Version 4.3.4. Upon calliing mysql_* functions I get errors like:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() blah blah blah

A call to phpinfo() reveals it was configured with:
--with-mysql=shared,/usr'

And doing a "locate mysql.so" from the command line reveals mysql.so is not anywhere to be found.

I looked at the mysql docs at php.net so see how to properly install mysql.so and couldn't find anything. Am I dense? Do I need more coffee?

So I added the line: extension=mysql.so to one of the config files, copied mysql.so over from the production server and restarted apache as a hack to try to see if it worked. It didn't.

Please let me know how you'd go about troubleshooting or solving this

Thanks!!
--Jough