>> I cant figureout the syntax please help
>>
>> echo "Some text".aFunction()."some more text";
>>
>> The function is not working.
>
> Your problem is the paren's
>
> echo "'some text' $aFunction 'some more text'";
>
> You need double quotes for the entire string, but single
> quotes around the text so it knows it is text.

This is very much incorrect, not sure where to begin
but please ignore this advice.  A string is a string
is a string is a string:

  http://www.php.net/types.string

I'm 99% sure the problem is aFunction() is echoing
a value as opposed to returning one, this is a
common question answered here:

  http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.using.php#faq.using.wrong-order

If that doesn't answer your question then please
post the code.

Regarding the subject of this thread you should consider
asking smart questions by reading the following in its
entirety:

Very useful for all parties involved! :)

Regards,
Philip