Charlie Don wrote:

Hello,

I need to have some scripts that do database maintanance on my cron tab.

However, some might take more time to execute that the maxtime set on php.ini.

These are now web scripts but scripts that I execute on my command prompt or cron tab.

I wonder if there is any way to have on the first line of the script that calls the php engine an option that does not end the script if it exceeds the maximum executin time.

Thanks,

C.

Searching on Google for something like 'php max execution time' should land you on the correct manual page fairly quickly. To wit:

  http://www.php.net/set_time_limit

Hope this helps,

Torben