My personal website (see signature below) is almost entirely built with
PHP, based on a rudimentary templating engine that i wrote. With the
exception of a few well-defined sections (pictures gallery, blog, etc.)
the most of it is static, i.e. it changes very rarely.

Some Web applications (including but not limited to search engines) seem
to treat differently the static content proper ("true" HTML pages) and
pseudo-static content generated by dynamic pages (such as PHP pages that
change rarely).

I would like to continue to use PHP for my website, but somehow "fool"
the Web clients into believing they're seeing "true" static content.
Since the content changes rarely (like once every other month), there is
no harm in pretending it's "true" static content.

I suspect there are quite a few things that can be done to achieve that
goal:
1. change extensions to .html even though they're PHP files (i know how
to trick Apache into doing that)
2. don't send HTTP headers that indicate dynamic content

I don't know how to achieve #2. I also don't know if there are other
things to care about in order to totally "disguise" the dynamic nature
of the pages.

I'm open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/