2 Problems:

1. User A's information will come up when user B logs in instead of user B's
information coming up when user B logs in...  User A's information seems to
be cached in /tmp/sess_8ce0348cbf6704f96c2d8094e876ac3b.  Any ideas how to
keep this from happening?

2. When a user exits Internet Explorer without logging off and invoking
session_destroy(); the user cannot log back in immediately.  If I SSH into
the server and delete /tmp/sess_8ce0348cbf6704f96c2d8094e876ac3b then the
user can log back in.

Do I need to write a shell_exec routine to delete this file when the session
is destroyed?  How can I tell from the server that the user has closed the
window?

Thanks again!

/T

on 6/29/04 4:01, Red Wingate at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> i guess what u are looking for is session_destroy();
>
> Binay wrote:
>
>> If i m getting ur problem correctly then u want to restrict the same user
>> logging from different machines concurrently. If tht being the case the
>> snippet u mentioned below alone won't solve the problem . you have
>> maintain a flag in the database which will be on when the user logs in and
>> off when he/she logs out.
>>

>>> Code:
>>>
>>> session_cache_expire(0);
>>> session_cache_limiter('private');
>>> session_start();
>>>
>>> I use this at the beginning of my script that processes data objects for
>> my
>>> users.  The users use multiple machines and login to the web site.  This
>>> prevents the cached information from one user popping up when another
>>> user
>>> logs in.  Will this contribute to the solution for my main problem:
>>>
>>> When a user exits a window without logging out they have to wait until
>>> the cookie expires or the session file in /tmp is deleted before they can
>>> get
>>> back in.  This is the code that executes at login:
>>>
>>>             session_cache_expire(0);
>>>             session_cache_limiter('private');
>>>             setcookie("cookie","",0,"/","iffinet.com",1);
>>>             session_start();
>>>
>>> I was hoping this would cause the session file in /tmp to be deleted but
>> it
>>> doesn¹t work.  I also tried unset($_SESSION[Oid¹]) this doesn¹t work
>> either.
>>> Anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help!
>>>
>>> /Tim
>>>
>>> --

Best IT