Hi All,

I need to automatically create a large GIF image made up of numerous smaller
GIF/JPG files.

The list of images (either GIF or JPG) is taken off a MySQL database and at
the moment, I create a HTML table (5 columns, up to 20 rows), view it in my
browser, manually dump it to the screen and then edit it in a image program
to the right size. Then I save it as a transparent GIF and use a server-side
image map to extract the right filename when a user clicks on it. (I'm not
willing to move to a system where each individual image is loaded
individually!)

This is getting a little too time-consuming, so I want PHP to do it for me
;-) I only need it to generate the new images when they are added, so speed
is not an issue. Has anyone created something like this, or does anyone have
any tips on how to do it?

I'm looking into ImageMagick right now (looking through the archives). The
only thing is, I need to do this on my Win98 system..

Thanks in advance,
John