Hi,

POST is the technique where you send the data by adding it to the body of the message. In other words after sending the usual HTTP headers you continue to write on the same socket connection the data that you want to pass to the server. In get you do not write after the headers but append the variables at the end of url you can usually mix the two (Sorry If am telling you thing you already know).

You cannot POST data from the browser without a form. If you are asking how you can do it with PHP you will have to look at the PHP socket functions and read up on RFC 2616. The easy way out is to use a ready made library or php class.

Josh Close wrote:

How can I post data without having it submitted from within a form?

With get I can just add it to the url. Is there a php function for this?

--
Raditha Dissanayake.