On Sunday 11 July 2004 08:33, Harlequin wrote:

> I'm hitting the submit button at the bottom of the page and getting
> redirected OK to the next page with no errors but when I query the database
> directly it isn't updating.

Should you be getting errors if there is a problem? IOW *are* you putting in
any error checking code?

In the code that you posted you are not performing any validation checks on
the data sent by the user - this is BAD. You should fix that before you go
live with your site.

You assigned your query to $sql - this is good, but did you print it out so
that you can verify the query is what you expected it to be? One of the first
rules of debugging is to gather as much info as possible. Which means
printing out every variable of significance.

When developing your code ALWAYS enable full error reporting and display
errors (or if you prefer log them and read the log).