Folks

I am a new to php.  I am currently learning about session handling and would
appreciate some assistance with the following:

I am using php 4.3.7 and I am using the default values in the php.ini for

session.use_cookies = 1
session.cache_limiter = nocache

When experimenting with a few simple lines of code

     <script language='php'>  ---- This is line 14
       session_start();
     </script>

I get the following errors:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output
started at e:\http\cgi\a.php:14) in e:\http\cgi\a.php on line 15

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent
(output started at e:\http\cgi\a.php:14) in e:\http\cgi\a.php on line 15

Can anyone offer me a insight on the reason for the error.

Mike