Hello,

On 07/12/2004 02:24 PM, Matt Busche wrote:
I've recently set up some Tomcat/Java/Servlet stuff that provides some
high-level functions I wish to make available from PHP.  In other words,
from PHP, I want to make an HTTP call to an address like:

http://mycompany.com/myservlet?request=doSomething&arg1=meat&arg2=potatoes

and then use the returned stream of data to service the original PHP
request.  Clear?

I quickly found the PHP HTTP library (
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.http.php ), but my quick perusal makes me
think this is only useful for controlling the HTTP response sent back to the
browser making the original PHP request.

You may want to try this HTTP client class. If necessary it supports cookies and submitting forms with field values via POST if you want:

http://www.phpclasses.org/httpclient

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos