I.A. Gray wrote:

I have a php webstats script that puts info into a MYSQL database.  I
include it at the top of each page that I have.  I recently put a php built
forum (PHPBB) on our website and wanted to include the php script at the top
of that.  Unfortunately as it already uses sessions, I kept on getting
'headers already sent' error messages for obvious reasons- I was using
sessions and so was PHPBB.

Hate to say this - but there is no reason at all why both your script and PHPBB couldn't use sessions on the same page without conflict. As long as the session names don't overwrite each other of course. Also you probably want to find the second instance of start_session() and remove it (because you can't start the session system twice). As long as your script doesn't actually output anything (html, white space, etc) or over-write variables PHPBB uses - it should work fine.

Cheers,

Rich