Thanks James,

> I'm going on the assumption that since you're using a URL
> parameter in the include, you have fopen_wrappers enabled,

Yes

> and the URL is external to your current site. Otherwise you'd
> just be doing a file system based include.

No, the url is on my site...

I have a file named block_content.php that is nothing more than a
display block with graphics for effect.
Instead of making several different display files I want to use a single
one and just assign a different value to the variables $header,
$content, $link.., and such.  Then I can have as many of the content
blocks on the same page as necessary to display content summaries.

If I am headed in the wrong direction please let me know.

> What are you trying to do? Pull the code of a php script into
> your script, or display the HTML output of a web page
> embedded in existing content?

Display HTML output.

> If you're trying to display the contents of another web page
> within your own, you may want to look at readfile(), read(),
> fopen() or even make a direct HTTP call to the server using
> sockets. Readfile() will read and output the HTML generated
> by the called page. read() and
> fopen() will get the output of that page and make it
> available to you for your own processing.

OK...

alex hogan
The contents of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The
views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose, or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this
e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.