Hi,

I have been trying to format the textarea output and have come across some
code that almost does what I need, but I still have one small problem.

Look at the text below that was input into my textarea:

Now is the time for all young men to come to the aid of the party. Now is
the time for all young men to come to the aid of the party.
Testing
Now is the time for all young men to come to the aid of the party. Now is
the time for all young men to come to the aid of the party.
Testing.

When I print this out to my webpage it has a line break before and after the
word Testing. I want it to be a wysiwyg - so in the case above there should
be no extra line breaks. It should look exactly as typed.

The code I tried to change the \n to <BR> are:

$text2= nl2br ($text);
or
$text2 str_replace("\n","<br>",$text);

This is what I have in my form.

<textarea rows=10 cols=51 name="text"><textarea>

Thanks, any help is appreciated.