All,

This should be dirt simple -- So simple, in fact, that I'm somewhat
embarassed to make this post, but, oh well....

I need to find all lines that begin with the string 'WAZ' after reading from
a url (http://www.atmos.washington.edu/data/zone_report.KSEW.html). While
I've tried every combination of expressions under the sun (using the
functions preg_match(), ereg()), I can not figure out a correct regexp for
this task.

I trim each line before submitting to preg_match() or ereg(). I also strip
out the tags except for <p> and <br>.

Would some kind sould show me the correct regexp?

By the way, one of the simplest expressions, to follow the suggestion in the
PHP Manual, is just  '/WAZ/' or '/^WAZ/'. The former doesn't match "WAZ"
anywhere in the string, and the latter doesn't find a match when "WAZ" is at
the beginning of the string.

Cheers,

Michael