[snip]
a. do not reply off-list unless asked, your question may not receive the attention it needs
[/snip]
Sorry, I got the email before the board post so I assumed you were only replying off-list.

[snip]
2. You do know basic PHP, correct? Create a page that accepts a username
and password. Have the un and pw checked against the db. If it is good,
set a cookie and check for the cookie with each page, if not redirect to
the proper location.
[/snip]
My 2 main concern are security and user-friendlyness. I would like anyone (regardless of cookies being allowed or not) to be able to use my service, but I would still like it to be secure.

But I guess I'll try making my own script...worth a shot.