Hi all,

Our company has decided to encrypt the php programs
that we sell, I have to choose which encryption
package to buy.

After a lot of seaching (on this list(archives),
google, forums etc) I saw a quite a few products like
ioncube, zend, codesecure, blender, mmCache encryptor
etc etc
unfortunatly blender is not yet ready for stable
production use and althought I was leaning towards
mmcache as its free, not every host will be too happy
to install mmCache so I have decided to go with Zend
encryptor (not too bad a price for the "small
business" companies - companies that make less than
$250k a year - which is what we currently fall under)

I just wanted your comments on this, good idea? bad?
any of you guys tried it? any problems with hosts not
willing to install the "optimiser" to run encrypted
scripts? stable? etc
I have googled for these questions and it seems very
favourable, but I figure it would be wise to ask you
guys as you use php everyday/nearly everyday and can
give me better feedback as the "average joe" (a lot of
the sites recommending Zend Enc are linking to zend
with a little affiliate tag...so i'm guessing some of
them are biased).

Off topic Q, My ISP has blocked me sending mail from
my local machine (they have blocked port 25) any
program (for windows (2000 pro)) that can send mail on
another port? I used to use Merak mail server.

Thanks in advance.

-Mag

=====
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)