Thank you very much, really appreciate it. But I have to admit that I an example from
a book in which he creates a gif (and not a png), where he doesn't actually have to
allocate a color. He only has 3 lines which are supposed to work. Maybe true for gif,
but cannot tell, since I don't have gif support.

header("Content-type: image/gif");
$image= imagecreate(200,200)l
imageRectangle($image, 50, 50, 150, 150, $blue);

regards,
thalis

No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.
                -- Aristotle