Hey Guys,

I am getting parse error [Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING  on
line 1] when I use XML version info.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
 <title>Testing Page</title>
</head>

When I store the above file as test.php and run in Apache, I am getting the
parse error.

The observartions are:
- When I remove XML version and just mention <?xml?>, I am not getting the
error.
- When I store the file as .htm, then also I am not getting error

Setting:
- PHP Version 4.3.8 , Build Date  Jul 13 2004 17:31:56
- Loaded as module on Apache/2.0.50 (Win32)

Can you pls. help me understand why parsing error occurs and how to avoid
it.

Thanks.
Suresh.