* Thus wrote Katie Marquez:
> Hi!
>
> I did a search of the PHP manual for these:
>
> -> and ::

as far as the :: is, its name (in php):  The Paamayim Nekudotayim.

Paamayim Nekudotayim would, at first, seem a strange choice for a
double-colon. However, at the time of writing of Zend Engine 0.5
(which powered PHP3), that is what Andi and Zeev decided to call
it. It actually does mean double-colon - in Hebrew! As PHP has
progressed with its development it has just never changed.

php4:
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/keyword.paamayim-nekudotayim.php

php5 (comming soon):
  http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.paamayim-nekudotayim.php

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!