>     PayPal passes a ton of data back to us when someone's done
> purchasing something.  I use some of that information and shove it all
> into a database.  Problem is, if someone hits reload on their browser, I
> get the same data re-inserted again.  Reload the page four times, and I
> will get four records with the same data inserted.  How can I avoid
> this?  I'd like to silently either discard the information after it's
> been inserted, or silently prevent it from being re-inserted again.
>
> --
> W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
>   +--------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130

What I usually do is send a header redirect back to the same page. Your DB
injection should occur before any HTML output. At the end of the DB
injection simply add:

header("Location:your_php_page.php");
exit;

This will reload that page and all the $_POST data will be removed. THen
you can hit refresh all you want.

--
--Matthew Sims
--<http://killermookie.org>