I'm not sure if it is Apache or not.  In fact, I wonder that it might
be.  However, I do not have any clue as to what it could be.

We have 1 apache server running.  It currently has php4.1.1 built as
apache module.  Code works fine for this build.  In addition, I have
php4.3.8 and php5.0.0 built as cgi.  This code fails against both
php4.3.8 and php5.0.0.  Makes me think it has something to do with CGI
in apache.  Again, I have no clue what this might be.  As I mentioned
earlier, I've looked through all the bugs on php.net and other
newsgroups, mailing lists, FAQ's.  All the solutions posted in the
past are not in effect on my server.  I can find nothing wrong.
I have also tried a copy of the 4.1.1 php.ini file for php5.0.0 with no
luck.

Hints, suggestions, pointers are all welcome.  Apparently this is a
common problem.

--
Andy