Hello,

I am trying to build up a members only site, but I need some direction.  So
far I have written a page that will let a user register for access.  That
script emails me their info so I can validate it, sends them a "thankyou"
email and then sends the data to a temporary MySQL database table.  In the
email that I get I created two links.  One will send the user an acceptance
email and put their info in a final database table.  The other will send the
user a Deny email and will delete their info from the temporary database
table.

I have also created a login script that will ask for a username and password
and verify it with the database.  If its all correct then it will redirect
you to a restricted page.

The direction I need is how do I go about restricting access to the members
only pages?  I have been reading up on sessions, which I think will be a
cool addition to this site, but I still havent found much on restrictin
access without a username and password.  Currently my login and registration
pages are located in the root of the domain.  The all the members only pages
are in a directory called /members/.

Can anyone give me some direction on how I should go about all this.

Thanks,

Aaron