> The one technique that I have a bit of a question about is realted to the
> handling of MySQL results. It seems that when you query the database with
> their system, it takes all the results and outputs them into a string
> similar to:
>
> I have a question<:>I have an answer
>
> which is then interpreted:
>
> list($question, $answer) = explode("<:>",$result);
>
> back to normal variables.
>
> Does this soind familiar to anyone? I have never run across anything like
> this and was wondering if maybe someone could explain to me why this could
> be desirable.

There's nothing wrong with what's listed above. In fact, explode is highly
used when you want to grab, say, a datetime entry from MySQL and break the
date and time apart from each other. Or break the date apart.

It looks like they simply consolidated the question/answer to one line
rather than having two indexes in the MySQL table. Probably a preference.

--
--Matthew Sims
--<http://killermookie.org>