Hello,

On 08/07/2004 01:44 AM, Albert Padley wrote:
It can't be done that way because the brackets have a different meaning in Javascript syntax. You need to quote the whole name.

You may want to take a look at the example that comes with this forms generation and validation class that supports the exact same type of validation that you want:

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

Hi Manuel,

I'm not certain I understand what you mean by "quote the whole name".

The name of the input needs to be quoted (and eventually escaped) and used as an index string.

Also, there are a lot of files in the formsgeneration class. Which one has the example you are referring to?

The main example ( test_form.php ) has an example of how to validate a group of check boxes making sure that at least one is set. It will do it either on the client side and server side, despite your problem is mostly on the client side Javascript.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/