On Tuesday 03 April 2001 08:22, you wrote:
> hi, i'm in the body of a html page, and I'd like to
> redirect to a new URL in an if() statement.
>
> I *could* re-write the whole page so that the test
> is in the head, and use meta tags to refresh, but
> i'd rather not... the code will be heaps cleaner
> without it.

Three solutions:

(1) Open a telepatic connection to the users browser and appeal to its
sense of duty to go to the new page

(2) Rewrite the thing

(3) Use output buffering

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world...
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead