When you say "outside of the webroot" do you mean.  Can you give me an
example.  The root of my web is in /var/www/html/.  Thats where you are
taken when you punch in my domain.  Currently I have a directory called
/test/ which is protected by .htaccess but it is inder the
webroot.../var/www/html/test/  So far under this config I cant get it to
work, but I'm not sure if I'm still under the webroot in my config.  Do I
need to move my test directory to lets say /var/www/ or even /var/?

Thanks again,

Aaron

"Torsten Roehr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Aaron Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > I hate to sound ignorant, but how do I get a file out of a .htaccess
> > protected directory without logging in again?  You cant use the normal
> > syntax of http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED] anymore.  Microsoft "fixed"
that
> > "bug".
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Aaron
>
> Hi Aaron,
>
> because you are accessing a file via PHP from your *local* file system it
> doesn't matter if the directory is protected or outside of the webroot.
PHP