Hi,

I took a look to Smarty and Savant templating systems, and  I like a few
things from both of them.
However, none of them are satisfactory.

I don't like Smarty because it needs another language and I find Savant more
easy to use.

I would like to have a templating system that:
1. Separates:
- the programming part (the main programs and the modules)
- the structure and main design of the site (the templates)
- The content of the site, this meaning the body text, the title, keywords,
and all other variables.
- Other files that can be included, like Javascript, .css, images, files
that can be downloaded, etc.

2. The templates should handle more languages, and all the content parts
should be able to appear in every language supported.

3. The program should be able to create a cache but not one containing PHP,
but one that is just simple html that can be loaded from a cached file and
presenting to the client.
(I don't know how to decide yet when to re-create the cached file)

If someone uses this templating system, someone can modify the design by
modifying the templates and this change will be reflected in every language.
If a translator add a new language or modifies a certain translation, the
design won't be affected.
The programmer could add a new program for a new page that does something
new, or new modules, etc.

I couldn't find such a thing yet and I think I will have to create it.

Teddy